For those of you who haven't heard (and I find it hard to believe that there is anyone left on this planet who hasn't) Connor James has finally arrived. We have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER...
The doctor decided to induce me on February 2. So, that morning I got up, and ate some breakfast...I was going to be able to eat only ice chips for the rest of the day (mmmmm....). Matt, Mom and I headed to the hospital. I was absolutely TERRIFIED! I was excited, but was very nervous about what was going to happen.
I had the BEST nurse! She was so great. I don't really remember all of the thgsin that she did, but I know that I am very grateful that she was my nurse. Around 9:30, my doctor stopped by to see me...and decided to break my water and hook me up to internal monitors. It's been 10 days since that happened, but I can still remember how painful it was...I hadn't progressed that much and it was crazy uncomfortable! The doctor hoped that breaking my water would help move things along - I believe he said that he wanted me to go from 0 - 60...that didn't happen either.
I labored from 9:30 - 4:30 with ZERO pain medication. I was afraid to get the epidural because I was afraid that it would wear off before it was time to push...At 4:30, I decided that I just couldn't handle it anymore. Plus, there was a good chance that Matt's hand would break if I squeezed it anymore! Needless to say, EVERYONE was THRILLED when I decided to go ahead and get the epidural. The nurse was thrilled...she was about ready to come in and sweet talk me into getting the epidural. So, the nurse checked me and I was at a 5 - I couldn't believe it!
Anyway, I would have married the epidural dude! It was such a relief to get it. I was checked again at 7:00 and at 8:30 - no progress. It seems that even with the marvel of medical intervention Connor really did not want to make his debut. Drastic measures were going to have to be taken...
Around 9:00 or 9:15, it was decided that I probably wouldn't make any more progress on my own and would need to have a C section. Of course, as soon as I heard this...I started shaking. I was terrified! Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of time in between the decision to have the C section and when they wheeled me away to the operating room.
Matt was wonderful...it all happened so quickly! They ended up putting me to sleep after I got to hear Connor cry and ask if he really was a boy! Matt took some great pictures of Connor right after birth. I woke up in the recovery room a little bit later.
I will spare everyone the rest of the details...but let me just say...it has been absolutely crazy. Matt and I are adjusting to being parents. This baby is already spoiled and he is so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment