Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to Reality...

Well, vacation is officially over. Matt and I both returned to work today. Vacation was absolutely wonderful. Getting there and home was long and tiring but definitely worth the trip. We didn't do a whole lot. We got to spend a lot of time with family. We sat around the beach most days - which I loved, but Matt got a little antsy. Thankfully, there were enough people there that he could throw a football or play bocce ball or washers. Matt got to golf twice. We saw some sites and went shopping (thank you Matt and Mom for indulging me). Matt ate his first ever (and definitely not the last) steamed clam and lobster (we have pictures to prove it).

The baby must like seafood. We ate a lot of it! Well, the doctor said I could have it in moderation. I figure having it just once a day counts as "in moderation." I did get sick one day - but that was because of a cheeseburger I had the night before.

We got pulled over by a bike cop. Yup, you read that correctly - a bike cop. It's okay to laugh. We all did. The night before we left we all went out for ice cream. We (Matt, myself, my brother and his girlfriend) were driving back from the pier with our ice creams. Apparently, our automatic lights didn't come on fast enough, because nearly right after we pulled out of the parking lot, a bike cop was flashing a flash light at us telling us to "stop right there." He asked Matt if he had been drinking, Matt said no. The cop asked if he was sure, Matt was like uh, yeah, I'm sure and looked at his ice cream. All four of us got the flash light flashed at us, but I guess he figured Matt was telling the truth since we all had ice cream in our hands.

I know I am leaving things out...but right now, I can't seem to think of what. I will post some vacation pictures just as soon as I have a chance.

We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Stay tuned for an update on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment