Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You Know You Are Getting Big When...

So, I am getting bigger by the day. Now I know how Santa feels in the movie Santa Clause - you know the scene where Tim Allen is turning into Santa? He gets up and has gained like 40 pounds? Yup, that's how I feel. And no, I haven't gained 40 pounds. And yes, my belly does shake like a bowl full of jelly when I laugh.

So, there are a few things that I have noticed recently that make me realize, that Yup, I'm definitely getting bigger. I can no longer stand up and put my pants on. I can't see my feet! I lose my balance and start to tip over. It's quite the scene.

Along the same lines...I have become even MORE clumsy than normal (I know - it's hard to believe). I drop stuff all of the time. Normally, I would just bend over and pick up whatever I have dropped...I CAN'T BEND OVER ANYMORE! Well, I can but it takes a lot more effort. Now, when I drop something, I spend a good 5 minutes deciding on whether or not it is worth the effort and energy it is going to take me to bend over and pick it up. Usually, I decide it's not worth it and wait for someone to come along (usually Matt or someone I work with) and ask them to pick it up. If I do decide to pick it up (it must be something really important...or food), I have to assume the Sumo stance and bend over really slowly. Again, it's quite the scene.

Oh, and speaking of dropping things...apparently, I wear a lot more of my food these days. After I finish eating - Jack has quite the feast licking the crumbs off my baby bump.

And finally, the other day I was getting ready to get out of my car and sneezed...and made the horn honk with my belly. Yup, that's right I made the horn honk! It was quite the experience. I had to sit in the car for a few extra minutes because I laughing too hard to walk.

2 comments:

  1. bahahahaha, belly honker....im kind of surprised you didn't drive off and pretend nothing happened lol...hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great! LOL re: the belly honk

    ReplyDelete