Well, yesterday was the big tube day. Piggy handled the not eating after midnight thing so well! Of course, he was distracted by all of the commotion so that helped. They came and got him from us around 8:10 or so. Matt and I returned to the waiting room. About 10 minutes later (and some choked back tears) the nurse came out to get us. His surgery was already over and the doc was on his way to talk to us. Watching Piglet wake up was heartbreakingly painful. He would take a few drinks from his bottle and then he would cry. He was crying so hard - and there were even real tears. It was horrible. He cried the whole way home and then for about 10 more minutes once we got here. I walked with him, and I sat in the glider and rocked him. He fell asleep. When he woke up from his nap - he was all smiles and happiness. So much better! It was insane the difference in him.
Last night the ear doctor - the actual doctor - not his office - to check on Piggy. How crazy is that?!! I didn't even know doctors still did that! And then today, the surgery center called to check on him!
No comments:
Post a Comment