
Now that Connor is more mobile I often struggle to find time to write about our daily goings on. However, this morning I was moved to write even though I should be packing my lunch, and getting ready for work.
One of my online friends from BBC (BabyCenter for all of you out there who think I'm talking about the British news channel), has a blog that I read on occasion. It's uplifting and inspirational. It's also beautifully written.
Yesterday she wrote about a little girl named Olga who has Down Syndrome. See, Olga lives in Eastern Europe where babies with Down Syndrome are not valued for all they have to offer and are basically as Patti says are "deemed unacceptable at birth." Currently, she lives in an orphanage but soon will be sent to an institution to live out her life. She is up for adoption - there are many families who want to adopt Olga and other children like her. Unfortunately, the cost of adoption is $20,000.


As usual, I cried. I don't really think anyone's surprised by that. But then I started thinking...I should do something to help. Being that it's close to pay day, I can't donate money, but you can bet on the 15th I will be sending whatever I can. So, instead I am writing this.
I'm writing in the hopes that you all pass this on and that money is raised so that a little girl gets her own Christmas miracle - a forever home.
Here is the link to Patti's post, written so much more eloquently and beautifully than I ever could. She is also entering people who donate to Olga into a drawing for an IPod.
http://babynumber10.blogspot.com/2010/12/most-important-post-i-have-ever-written.html
Here is the link to Reese's Rainbows - the organization that is taking the donations. On the home page you will need to search for Olga G3.
Already over $1000 has been raised!
No comments:
Post a Comment