Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Brother's Love

From the day Matt and I started talking about having another baby, I wondered what type of relationship  my children would have with one another.  Would they get along?  Would they hate each other?  Would they be protective of one another?  Yesterday I got a little glimpse of the type of big brother Connor will be.
Yesterday I took Connor to school since Matt was taking Taylor to her 2 month check up.  When I got him out of the car he was just standing there.  I grabbed his hand and headed for the front door.  Little man would not move.  I couldn't get him to either.  Toddlers can be pretty strong willed.  I bent down and tried to talk him into going inside.  Two minutes later in my best mommy voice - you know the one - the voice that sounds calm but nearing hysteria, I said - Connor Mommy is going to be late for work, we have to go inside.  He stomped his foot and screamed MOMMY!  BABY!  He thought that I had left the little miss in the car! 

Of course I got choked up as I explained to him that baby was home with Daddy.  Connor did not believe me for one second.  I had to show him that Taylor was not in the car.  I had to open the car door and show him that her carrier was empty.  Once I did that he looked at me and said OH, OKAY!  Sweet little thing.  Looking out for his little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment