Being pregnant is like having a second adolescence. This week Baby is 9 weeks old. From what I hear, he/she is about the size of a grape. I am having a really difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that Baby is the size of a grape and totally kicking my butt. I'm not kidding. I am a mess. My face is breaking out. My emotions are all over the place. I feel uncomfortable in my own body.
My emotions are all over the place. One minute Matt and I will be laughing and watching TV and the next minute I'm yelling at him for flipping through the TV channels too quickly! And the crying! We all know I have always been a bit on the dramatic side, but this is a bit over the top (yes, even for me). I have cried because I missed my favorite commercial. I have cried because Kroger didn't have a slice of chocolate cake. I have cried because a car cut me off on my way home from work. And, Matt's favorite I cried during Sports Center.
So, Baby, the size of a grape, is also kicking my butt in other ways. I am hungry all of the time. I can't seem to get enough to eat. Although sometimes I try to eat, and I lose my appetite as soon as I take the first bite. I am sick to my stomach from the time I get up in the morning until after dinner...on most days. I am also more tired than I ever thought possible. I just want to sleep. By the time I get up for work, get dressed and ready - I am ready for a nap. I have actually contemplated taking a nap on the bench in the bathroom at work (and for those of you who have used that bathroom know how nasty it is). And the burping...it just doesn't stop. It's so embarrassing. We aren't talking about little feminine burps either. These are like burping competition burps. Thank goodness Matt has a sense of humor!
Wow! We are like pregnancy twins! I hope you have the wonderful delivery that I had. It makes up for all the fatigue and sickness and crying. Oh, and Madison will have a burping contest with you any day!
ReplyDelete