Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sensible Shoes...Part Deux

Well, I finally had to break down and get the sensible shoes (cue the Jaws music now, please). Payless was having a sale - Buy one, get one. So, I figured that would be a good place to start. Thankfully, I was able to find not one, but two pairs of shoes. Ok, I will be completely honest - it's the same pair of shoes - one pair in black and one in brown. I have to admit, they aren't totally hideous, but it was definitely a very uninspiring shoe purchase. Usually when I get my new shoes home, I put them on and walk around in them for a while and spend a good hour admiring them in the mirror. That didn't happen this time. Both pairs are still in the box.

I decided I couldn't go with no heel at all so I got a wedge heel. It's not too high, and not my normal heel width but I think I can live with it. I don't want to put myself or the baby in danger. Let's face it - I've never really been a picture of grace and poise and since my center of gravity has started changing - you can imagine (picture a weeble wooble). Matt is trying to cheer me up by telling me that I can go back to my other shoes once the baby is born. That helps a little. I guess until then, I will just admire my collection and stalk the online shoe stores.

2 comments:

  1. Once you've gone sensible, you might not go back. You'll be chasing that little one around in no time!

    ReplyDelete