Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cervix vs. Uterus



As you know, Connor's due date was yesterday. Here I sit on the couch watching TV...with no baby in my arms. It turns out that my cervix and uterus are at WAR! Yup, that's right - at WAR. They are no longer on speaking terms. Here's the scoop!

My cervix decided to join the SuperCervix Club. It's a really exclusive club made up of mostly first time Moms. Anyway, the problem is that my cervix never told my uterus that they were joining the club and part of the rules of the club is that you can't talk to the uterus once you join...I'm sure uterus wouldn't have allowed cervix to join but what can you do...

My uterus is trying to do what it's supposed to - it is contracting nearly every day and has been since Christmas...but cervix doesn't care, won't listen and hasn't dilated. There has been a lot of false labor. Each week when I go to the doctor, I hope he is going to tell me that I have made progress. For 3 weeks in a row, he says - not much progress...Every night I go to sleep and think...maybe tomorrow is the day...

It turns out until my cervix decides to leave the SuperCervix Club...we are at a stalemate. So, everyone, keep your fingers crossed that cervix decides it's had enough soon.

1 comment:

  1. The first rule of the SuperCervix Club is you don't talk about the SuperCervix Club....and so on and so forth....we're still thinking labor and oxytocin thoughts for you, love you!

    ReplyDelete