Had my 40 week doctor's appointment on Wednesday! Surprise, Surprise...NO PROGRESS! Even the doctor thought this was amazing. He actually said - huh, not much progress - that's amazing. The doctor made an executive decision and Matt and I couldn't be happier. If Connor hasn't arrived by Tuesday, February 2, Connor will be given his eviction notice and I will be induced. I had to have some tests done today and I have to go back to the doctor on Monday to get the tests repeated and to get my orders.
This morning I went to the doctor and my Mom went with me since Matt couldn't. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor. I had to lie on my side to see if we could get Connor to move around. Apparently, he didn't move around enough because they decided to send me for an ultrasound. I was pretty excited about seeing the little guy. The ultrasound tech actually had GOOD NEWS! Connor is head down, and in engaged in my birth canal! WONDERFUL! This definitely explains the reason why I'm having such an uncomfortable time walking! Unfortunately, my amniotic fluid levels are starting to get a little low They aren't at a dangerous level, but they are slightly lower than they should be.
Connor moved, waved, held up a finger and was practicing breathing! The doctor was much happier with these test results. So, I go back on Monday morning.
I just want everyone to know that I will do my best to keep Connor in until the snowstorm passes, but I can't make any promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment