Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a TODDLER!

Piggy is now a YEAR OLD. No matter how hard I tried to pretend that Piggy's not growing up - it has still happened. On February 2, he had his first big birthday. I'm not ashamed to admit, I cried. I cried that morning when Matt brought him downstairs and I told him Happy Birthday. I cried after he and his Daddy left for the day. I cried when he had his special birthday dinner (spaghetti with meat sauce and a cupcake for dessert - just in case you are wondering). Finally, I cried at 9:42 (the time he was born) when I went into give him a kiss. And, let's face it, if I'm being honest, I'm crying a little now.

Nobody could have ever prepared me for the changes that Piggy has brought to our lives. Nothing I ever could have read or watched or heard could have readied me for motherhood. Nothing could have prepared for the overwhelming emotions that I have for such a tiny human being!

No comments:

Post a Comment