Tuesday, April 19, 2011

He's a Good Guy...

I am very quick to find fault with what my hubby does or does not do (which is more often than not the case). I'm less quick to point out all of the great things that he does on a daily, weekly basis that makes him a great father and husband. So, I thought today I would take a few minutes to highlight the top 10 reasons Matt is so great...

10. He reads Piggy a bedtime story most nights, even on the nights Piggy is a giggly wiggly worm (more often than not). He has even started using different voices for the characters.

9. He cleans up the kitchen after dinner. Even on nights when Piggy throws most of his dinner on the floor. He sweeps, he unloads and loads the dishwasher, wipes (okay, scrubs) Piggy's high chair and when needed actually mops the floor. I'm usually near comatose on the couch by this time.

8. He lets me put my ice cold feet on him. When I say ice cold - this is not an exaggeration. Tile floors get cold. Sorry, I don't have a picture of this...

7. He understands when I just can't cook dinner. This doesn't happen as often as it did, but still more often than it should. He ate McDonald's three times a week for a month because it was the only thing that didn't make me want to hurl.


6. He changed EVERY and I do mean EVERY poo filled diaper for a two month stretch because I had such a weak stomach that even getting a whiff of it would have me running to the bathroom.

5. Matt does the morning daycare run because the separation anxiety (mine, not Piggy's) is too much for my overly emotional heart to handle.

4. He doesn't nag me (too much) about not putting my clean clothes away even though I know that it makes him crazy...
3. He is the official "vomit cleaner upper" in our house - this includes mine. He does it all without gagging, getting sick or complaining. This is definitely not a job I would like to have so you can imagine how grateful I am for this! Oh, and I don't have a picture of this either. Come on, that would be gross.

2. He lets Piggy have the remote and will even sing and dance along to Yo Gabba Gabba. He draws the line at the Fresh Beat Band though.

And the number 1 reason (really, I could have stopped after number 3, don't you think)...He puts up with mine and Piggy's (and the soon to be addition, I'm sure) attitudes and tantrums and love us anyway...
Now, hopefully I will be able to find this list the next time he drives me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment