I haven't posted much about my second pregnancy. Not because we aren't excited, but because, well, I haven't had much time. Chasing after a 16 month old leaves me exhausted and ready for bed by 7:00. So, since the little man is already in bed and Matt is out for the night, I thought I would take some time to post about it now.
This pregnancy has kicked my butt. I was sick well into my second trimester. Thankfully, I am feeling much better now. I am also starting to get some energy back (perhaps why I am writing this now and not passed out, drooling on my pillow) however, the 90 degree weather is likely to zap the rest of the energy right out of me. Like my first pregnancy, I can't eat tomato sauce, but this baby, again, like her big brother wants spicy food.
This pregnancy is just as amazing to me. I still pause a moment when I get kicked or feel the baby move, which seems to happen all of the time, especially when I am trying to sleep. I still read the BabyCenter emails and count down the days to my next doctor's appointment (June 21).
We also had our big ultrasound! We were told we are having a GIRL! My in laws went with us to the appointment. It was nice to be able to share that experience with them. Matt and I have been picking up clothes for our baby girl here and there. However, we have decided (okay, I have decided and Matt has agreed to go along with me, no matter how crazy) to keep all tags and receipts for the clothes until the next ultrasound. I'm a little worried that my little girl will decide to become a boy and we will have all of these girl clothes...that we don't need! We are so excited to be having a girl. Although, I will tell you that Matt went straight from "oh wow...a little girl" to "holy crap! she's going to date...she's going to get married...she's going to bring home bums..." in about 2 minutes.
We have also decided on a name for our baby girl. After a lot of debate, we decided on Taylor Noel. She should be making her arrival around the end of September, beginning of October!
Oh, and just because Connor is so stinkin' cute...
I'm so excited. Connor will be a great big brother!!! I love the name, too!
ReplyDelete